Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting the Final Word

My FaceBook FriendsImage by Josh Russell via Flickr
Have you ever had someone continue to call you that you weren't interested in speaking to? Of course you have, but has that person been calling you specifically to tell you that he/ she doesn't want to speak to you anymore? It happened to me last week and it's been on my mind ever since. It's not that it bothers me that the person didn't want to talk to me...it bothered me that they blew my phone up until I answered just so they could tell me they didn't want to talk to me anymore. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I'm pretty sure NOT calling me would have been a more effective means of getting the message across...but that's just me.

It also reminds me of when my friends on facebook triumphantly declare they will be doing some "spring cleaning" of their friends just before they delete a large number of people. As a rule, I don't delete friends...in life...or on facebook...unless there is a reason, which justifies such an action. After all, if you are my friend, facebook or otherwise, why would I want to hurt your feelings or make sure you knew I didn't want to be your friend anymore? If you don't want to be my friend, you can just do nothing...it'll be way more effective. Just sayin'.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment