Monday, August 23, 2010

3rd Wheel

Condor-side-carImage via Wikipedia
This weekend I had the pleasure of catching up with one of my very best friends and her boyfriend. We headed out to the beach and spent the day lounging by the ocean. The weather was a bit overcast, but it was nice to have a break from the sun and there was a breeze that kept it from ever getting too hot. The water was frigid at first touch, but as soon as you took that dive headfirst into a wave, you felt refreshed and the water suddenly felt comfortable. It was a beautiful day.

My phone died about 20 minutes after we got there so I was disconnected from the world for the entire day...I think that made the day even better. It was just me, the sand between my toes, the sound of waves crashing, good music, and great company. It's one of the best days I've had all summer.

As we were making our way back to their house, I was sitting in the backseat listening to music and taking in all the sights...sights that I don't usually get the privilege of seeing because I'm usually the one driving. It suddenly dawned on me...it's really fun being their 3rd wheel. I laughed out loud as I told them my revelation...and then I had to correct myself...I realized it was way better than being a 3rd wheel, I felt more like a sidecar! Good times.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment