Sunday, August 15, 2010

That's What She Said

DSC_0999Image by Dain Sandoval via Flickr
In the last week, I've spent an abnormally large amount of my time in complete solitude. I've been working hard looking for audition opportunities and other job prospects. I've also been tirelessly trying write the lyrics and create a melody for a track I'm working on...trying being the key word. I play the track on repeat...then again...and again...until I can barely distinguish the beginning from the end of the song....and still...nothin'.

I've been in a serious funk...my personal life has seen better days to say the least. I know that the beauty of time is that nothing lasts forever...the great, nor the awful...nothing. So I wake up everyday hoping to be on another upswing.

I try my best to remember to praise God everyday and be grateful for another day to keep trying. Somedays that's easier than others...I'm sure you know the feeling. Aside from my faith, I also try to maintain my sense of humor during these times. Although I'm spending more time than I'd like to by myself and hitting a lot of walls, I still try and catch every opportunity I can to follow a thought with "that's what she said"...even if it's in my own head.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment