Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You...or at Least "Likes" You

This is icon for social networking website. Th...Image via Wikipedia

It seems as though there is nothing in the world that you come across anymore without being able to "like" it on facebook, follow it on Twitter, or find a clip about it on Youtube. Viral marketing and social networking have changed the way we communicate, do business, and conduct ourselves in every aspect of our lives. Discovering the key to social networking potential (SNP) has led to success that is paramount in nature since the internet is world wide and instantaneous. Countless people have found fame through millions of clicks on a single link.

Accordingly, it seems as though everyone wants at least a little piece of the action. Not that everyone is running out and trying to get their 5 minutes of fame, but they're at least signing up for a facebook account and connecting with the world...and as a result, getting inundated with others that are looking for their 5 minutes...maybe 10 at most. I guess this has been a prevelant thought of mine since starting this blog and pursuing my aspirations of entering the entertainment industry. As it stands right now, I'm just some chick living in the Bronx that happens to currently have 45 people on facebook that "like" me...for no other reason than I suggested it. They really have no reason to be a fan (yet), but I appreciate the love and support that their click demonstrates.

But there is a method to my madness. Why have fans before you do anything to deserve a fan base? My logic came from a conversation that I had with an aspiring hip hop artist and his climb to the top. In various meetings with A & R, he was told that he needed a larger fan base...it didn't matter if he had all the talent in the world...more people needed to know who he was...via facebook, myspace, twitter, etc....the usual suspects in social networking. Accordingly, I've used this information and begun marketing myself before I've really taken any legitimate steps torwards my ultimate goal. This way, when the time is right and I have a body of work to show, I'll already have an existing fan base. I may only have 45 fans today...but how many do YOU have?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment