Friday, July 30, 2010

Weight Watchers: Who's Watching YOUR weight?

2 pigs.Image via Wikipedia

In the last few weeks, I've started back on Weight Watchers, a diet plan that has never failed me as long as I follow the program. It works...you just have to do it. But even before I started Weight Watchers, I was faithfully going to the gym between 4-6 days a week. I'm not an extremely social person at the gym. I like to do what I have to do and get out. I spend a solid 2 hours there, so I don't like to waste time socializing with people I really don't know.

Since starting Weight Watchers, my weight has significantly dropped and quite a few people have taken notice. I don't think of people paying attention to me when I'm at the gym, but this past week has proved me wrong. Countless people have come up to me to comment on just how much weight I've lost. And though I've never solicited people's opinions, they talk to me as if I had. And while it feels good to know that my hard work is paying off, I can't help but feel as though these same people must have thought I was a serious heffer before. Their reactions that include "Wow, you've lost a TON of weight!, make me feel like I must have been a giant, hot mess before now. I guess I should just be grateful that no one came up to me while I was in the process of gaining the weight to say, "Wow, you're really packing on the pounds!" So thanks for keeping that to yourself.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment