Thursday, December 16, 2010

Spandex= Accountability?

SpandexImage by howieluvzus via Flickr
So I'm apparently on a roll with less than inspirational blogs lately, but what are ya gonna do? Anywho...I was recently having a conversation with someone regarding my wardrobe options at the gym. If you know me then you know that I'm a pretty coordinated person...color-wise. My sneakers match my pants, which match my shirt, etc...This is true in and outside of the gym. Aside from the color aspect of my gym wardrobe, I wear mainly spandex. I wear spandex for a few reasons...the main reason is because it's the easiest to move around in. Don't get me wrong, I love sweatpants...but they're not always the best to maneuver around at the gym and they get too dang hot. I reserve sweatpants for every other hour of the day...at least when I can get away with it.

But the other reason I wear spandex is because they offer some aspect of accountability. It takes a certain level of confidence...and shape...to wear spandex (at least in terms of pulling it off). So I know that if I want to keep being able to wear spandex, I have to keep going to the gym...and if I'm at the gym, I can keep wearing spandex. It's a bit of a cycle I suppose. But if nothing else, spandex does offer some kind of accountability. Just sayin'.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I'm not at the point of wearing it outside of the gym yet, but being able to wear it at the gym does boost the confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the wonders of spandex! ; )

    ReplyDelete