Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When Keepin' Up Real Goes Wrong

Kim Kardashian attending Maxim's 10th Annual H...Image via Wikipedia
A friend of mine works security at a few very well-known clubs in NYC. He meets any number of celebrities at these spots. So he called me yesterday to boast that his club would be hosting Kim Kardashian. His phone call was prompted because I had called him earlier in the week when I was freaking out about doing the Kanye West & Jay-Z video for Monster. I guess he thought that would be one up on me. I told him that if Kim Kardashian made amazing music that I loved that I might be jealous, but since she really doesn't DO anything, that I was still the "winner." I hung up the phone with him, shaking my head. It left me feeling a certain way even though I truly am unimpressed by any of the Kardashian girls. Their father is really the only Kardashian who DID anything worth mentioning.

It made me wonder what kind of hope is there for a regular girl like me when there are girls like Kim Kardiashian out there. She's got good looks and the money to keep them going. Where does that leave me? And then I got my answer. The same friend called me again today. He didn't even mention her while we were talking, but I couldn't resist asking how it all went. He said it was horrible. He said that she looked so fake...she doesn't have a single line on her face and that she looks disgusting. And there it was...despite the fact that women think that men want a perfect woman, what they really want is a REAL woman. Accordingly, that leaves me in a pretty good place in the world and gives me hope about people in general. Ironically the reality starlet lacks realness. I love the irony.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. ok for 1... I'm mad that Kanye and Jigga took my song title... Yes I wrote a BANGIN song called Monster... Trying to get it to Rihanna or Pink. This after writing it somewhat for Gaga then finding out she too not only had an album called the Fame Monster, but also a song called Monster on it. SHEESH!

    Secondly, I think Kim is beautiful, I always have, but I KNOW you are beautiful. And there is a difference.

    It's a great point you make about being real. I have often wondered in the midst of my struggles, what it would have been like to have the perfect life. To not ever be broke, to not ever have stretch marks or cellulite, to not ever be rejected. But the fact remains that it is our struggles that make our character, not our social status. Kim, her sisters, Paris, Nikki, Lindsay etc etc etc could not possibly have the character makeup or strength to deal with some of the things that I have had to overcome in life. Not only that, where is there any room for God in their lives if everything is always taken care of for them? He is all that matters in the end regardless of what we do or have here.

    I'd take real over reality anytime. Furthermore, I'm thankful that I am real and surrounded by other real people, like you! xo S

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing...and REAL! Best wishes in ALL that you do! Here's to realness! <3 kfh

    ReplyDelete