Tuesday, November 23, 2010

8 Days a Week

Mr. Popper's PenguinsImage via Wikipedia
It's 7 pm on a Saturday night and I'm finally getting settled in after being awake for over 30 hours and working on two movie sets. A few weeks back I had submitted for a 3 weekend gig for a movie called Man on a Ledge, which stars Sam Worthington, Elizabeth Banks, Jamie Bell, Kyra Sedgewick, Ed Harris, and Ed Burns. Shortly there after I was booked for 3 consecutive days on Mr. Popper's Penguins, which stars Jim Carrey and Angela Lansbury. I was so excited to be booked in advance for so many days that I hadn't really thought about what that kind of commitment would mean.
......
It's now Tuesday and I'm finally starting to feel like a normal human being again. This past week was an amazing experience, but totally exhausting. After starting Wednesday-Friday at about 4:30 p.m. and shooting until between 6-7 a.m. for Mr. Popper's Penguins, Friday I headed straight to the set of Man on a Ledge. I actually ended up being late for my call time for Man on a Ledge because it was not initially communicated that Popper's Penguins would be a night shoot. Had I known that they were night shoots, I wouldn't have submitted for them since I had already committed to Man on a Ledge. I was one of about 20 people who faced the same predicament. It's a lesson learned that I hope to not run into again....for a few reasons. One reason is that it made me look unprofessional, which was my biggest concern. The other reason is because I never got to sleep. I'm still not entirely sure how I was able to not only stay awake, but function on a normal level with zero sleep. I think I was running on pure adrenaline.

With November coming to a close and the holiday coming up, I find myself a little less eager to work as much as possible this week. I'm taking some time to rest up after completely burning myself out and catching a bit of a cold as a result. Just checking in to wish everyone the happiest of holidays and remind you to take some time for yourself! Rest, relax, and try to only work 7 days a week...8 is a little excessive!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment