Friday, June 22, 2012

Grammy Bound With YOU!

14 days left to contribute to my campaign. As the days dwindle down, it's been harder and harder to keep my energy up. I've had several shows this month and it seems as though exhaustion has start to set in.
Whether you know it or not, I do this all alone. While I've had many people join me on this journey...and I'm eternally grateful for all your support and love...the day-in and day-out of my grind is solitary. I try to cram as much into 24 hours as humanly possible, take a nap, then do it all over again.
While I LOVE what I do, as an independent artist, I do it  all...well, independently. When you're at this level, you have no real money to pay people and it's hard to get a team behind you when you're not bringing them any real income...YET.
This part of the journey is hard...more than hard...it's exhausting and many times thankless. But in this part of the journey, it's what determines who's really in it to win it. And I'm in it for the long haul.
As I write to you today, I'm overdrawn on my bank account and used the money from my outdoor performance for Make Music New York to put a few more dollars of gas in my car so I can make it to my next show.
I just need you to know that although I maintain a positive spirit throughout all of this, I'm human. I cry almost everyday fighting through this struggle, persisting despite the odds, and knowing that my blessings are waiting for me on the other side of my tears, pain, and struggle. My faith allows me to believe that my efforts are not in vain. Though I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I work hard EVERYDAY to ensure I am hand-crafting my future.
The money you donate will not go towards putting gas in my car or putting a roof over my head. I do odd jobs, cell CD's, work Weight Watchers meetings, and do anything I can to bring in income to survive while relentlessly chasing my dream. The money you donate will go directly towards my dream...an INVESTMENT towards my future.
If you know me, you know I work hard. I give 110% to everything I do ESPECIALLY my music. I promise to give you a return on your investment...great music from the heart! Please help me make this happen. It means everything and I'll give everything it takes. Please consider becoming part of my living legacy by donating a few dollars to my dream and joining me on my journey all the way to the top.

Eleanor Roosevelt has been quoted as saying, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I believe in the beauty of my dream. If you believe in it, too, please support my mission, my music...my destiny. Thank you, as always, for all your love, support, prayers, encouragement, and faith. It's my survival.

1 comment:

  1. Natali S. Bravo says:

    I feel helpless not having enough myself to give :( All I can offer you are images like the ones above to prove, YOU ARE ON THE PATH THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR YOU BY GOD HIMSELF. I feel the same struggle, and even anxiety at times because all I want to do is travel the world and capture life through my lens. We are strong women with BIG BIG BIG DREAMS. We are also independent, and self sufficient. That is worth more than money can buy, I remind myself this almost daily . K, Keep pushing, I see how determined your are, and I know you have what it takes. I BELIEVE! Though I can't offer you money, I can share the gift GOD gave me : Photography.

    You are strong, and nothing will break you!

    if anyone else reads this comment:

    Help a sister out!!!!! ^^^ She is in need.

    ReplyDelete